Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm Tired of Resolutions


If you are like me, resolutions are nothing more than lip service, or at the very most, a week-long attempt at trying to reinvent a part of myself that just won't have it. So this year, instead of focusing on all the parts of me that I need to "change" in order to better myself and my life, I am going to just embrace, support, and love me for who I am. It is so easy to be all these things to the family and friends we love, but often we lose ourselves along the way.

So cheers to not making empty promises to myself that I will
(1) Read the Wall Street Journal everyday,
(2) Stop biting my nails,
(3) Slow down and smell the roses, and
(4) Spend less time online.

13 comments:

  1. I have to say I agree and never usually make them, but this year thought I would make a general one and it was kind of fun! :) Stop biting my nails should be on mine too! I hope your 2012 is off to a magical start, Marcie!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect plan, happy new year Marcie :) Hope 2012 is a wonderful year for you. Any luck with house-hunting? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcie, it's so nice to hear a bit from you again! I love your outlook on 2012. Beautiful.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi nice to catch up again - Happy New Year. Yes I am making my goals more attainable too...starting with getting back to my hip hop dance class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! It's so great to see you here...and I'm with you especially on 3 and 4.
    Happy New Year!-Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year...So Happy To Find You Back Up and Running...God Bless and 2012 is going to be a very GOOD YEAR...:-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. go for it and good luck....happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are good ones! Hope you're having a great year so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh girl - we think alike!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the nail thing! I have a problem with my Boyf because he also can not stop biting his. I guess its hard to leave such habit :S

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog. It's so uplifting and positive. I think that you should turn it into a book. Thank you for making the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great sentiments! I was just listening to an NPR interview which said we should not aim for great but for good and we would be much happier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi all World historical events,Android apps tamil news,World news on android Breaking news for iphone

    ReplyDelete