Friday, October 21, 2011

Perfect For Us

Have you ever had that feeling that you were exactly where you were meant to be? That somehow the stars aligned and it all made sense? A little house is what I set out to get this weekend. After 6 months of searching for a place to call home, Jimmy and I FINALLY found a place offer-worthy. We came in as close to asking as we could to our dream home. Now, we live in the bay area of CA, and this house was a far cry from perfect, but it was perfect for us. A perfect place to start a family and lay roots.

We found out today that after receiving multiple offers, the house went to the highest bidder. Unfortunate when this happens. It is out of our control, but it doesn't erase the certainty I have that we are meant to love within these walls. I am not sure how it will happen, but I just think we are meant to be here, in this moment . . . in this house.

12 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you are talking about and there is something so lovely about that very feeling! I am so glad that you found something that you felt could be your place to call home! :) I really hope that it ultimately becomes your home to be in and to love...sending my best your way!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, sometimes you just have a feeling and you know. And you're not stressed b/c you just KNOW it will work out:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Like they say home is wherever youre with the people you love the most

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is what makes miracles, miracles and you should never stop expecting one. I would love to see you in that home as well

    Slow Strut, Rouge Lips - Not Just a Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update! I know just what you mean...sometimes there's just that magical feeling that you're on the right path. All good things sent your way!

    xoxo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. So is it yours? Everything crossed for you for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said. I love moments like those.


    Rachael

    p.s. It's the last day to enter the giveaway on my blog! Be sure to enter when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely agree with you. You're so inspiring!


    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is exactly how I've been thinking about life as I apply to job after job. I'm where I'm supposed to be right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very inspiring, thanks for sharing something so personal! You deserve to feel home, to feel the magic... and I wish you all the best luck!

    ps: Colorful giveaway alert:
    http://www.stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/winning-with-vanessa-adao.html

    xoxo,
    Vanessa Adao
    http://acasadava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful place to build a house. I love everything. Very enchanting!

    ReplyDelete