Friday, July 1, 2011

High School: Sad It's Over or Glad to Be Done?



Hey everyone - This is Marcie's brother Sean. And I have a question for you.


High School. Just hearing this word can either invoke wonderful memories of a nearly carefree youth or can immediately put even the most successful adult into a cold sweat. So whether you were the prom queen that enjoyed her reign as teen royalty or the outsider that was counting down the days till your diploma was in hand, there is no question that these four years bring about some type of emotion. So why the nostalgic trip down memory lane? I’m approaching my ten year high school reunion and I have found myself thinking about the person that I was during my high school years.

I have a challenge for all of you former jocks, cheer leaders, goths, band members, and intellectuals. Think back to the days when your home belonged to your parents, when you had a curfew (or the creative ways that you broke it), and when the most exciting news you heard was in between classes.

What are your memories of high school? Sad it’s over or happy to be done with it?


7 comments:

  1. thought provoking post..my high school years are remembered with mixed emotions. I was not the popular kid, but I did have a small group of close friends. I didn't have it as difficult as my sister did, some kids can be very mean. If I had to go back and relive those years I would go back, but with some hesitation. Times have changed of course and I think it would be more difficult now. One of my favorite movies to watch is Romie and Michelle's high school reunion. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sean! Thanks for your comment on my blog, and I hope you do decide to create a blog for yourself! I am definitely glad high school is over. College is such a better experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lets just say glad its over. College is WAY better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that I'm pretty glad high school is over. It wasn't terrible or anything, but I think it's just important to keep moving on.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I moved to my new high school, "The Mean Girls" called me pig vomit. They got everyone in the school to call me that. I wonder what happened to those girls?

    So glad those days are gone forever. My sweetest revenge is my happy life.

    XO,
    Beautiful inside and out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sean, this is a GREAT post! You've got a nice clear writing style, you engaged your audience and you've got obvious experience as a writer.

    Thank you for your comment on my blog; judging from what I've seen here, the minute you create your blog, I'm following! Keep up the good work!

    Oh, and high school? Funny you asked. I JUST posted a story about mine today. Haha I'll post the link here for you -

    http://evergreeneden.blogspot.com/2011/07/maybe-snowball-really-does-stand-chance.html

    :) Hope that gives you some idea. You might have to back up to the first installment of it to get a clear picture, but the link to THAT one is right at the top. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved high school. When adult life stresses me out, I miss it.

    ReplyDelete