Friday, June 10, 2011

Northern Oregon Blackberry

IMG_5671

I obsess over chocolate ice cream. That said, I have zero shame asking for 15 samples at an ice cream parlor, even when I know the exact flavor I want. But when it is all said and done, I always end up with some variation of chocolate. That is, until I had Northern Oregon Blackberry (a flavor Jimmy was smart enough to try). For everyone living in the San Francisco Bay Area, head to a specialties market and treat yourself to this fruity slice of heaven. It is made by Santa Cruz's famous Marianne's Ice Cream and it is the perfect alternative to favorites like mint chip, butter pecan, and yes, even chocolate. (Yes mom, I really have found a chocolate alternative.) For those of you who don't live close, it might be time to take a vacation. Trust me, you won't regret it.

IMG_5670

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

10 comments:

  1. Oh, my God!!~

    In this extreme heat weather day, this pink evil cool sweet let me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite is cookies and cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too tend to sample many, many flavors before making up my mind... Even though it's almost always some variety of chocolate! This looks really tasty, though!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite is jamocha almond fudge -- prefect coffee/chocolate combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah Oregon! :) If memory serves the Marionberry is from Oregon which is also delicious. I love chocolate ice cream in winter and in summer time I love coconut icecream.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your lovely blog. I'm just new into blogging this year & have just finished off my own blog on fashion, food, travel & interior design.
    http://scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com/
    I had a lot of fun putting it together maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW yum! I love everything blackberry. This color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photos look yummy. Makes me want to run out right now to the store for icecream. LOL
    My favorite flavor is butter pecan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Interesting! I have got to try this. =)

    ReplyDelete