Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Accidential Summer Nails



I am a creature of habit and was in a full blown panic at the nail salon this weekend when I found out they were out of Essie Mademoiselle. Already half way into my mani/pedi, leaving was not an option (I should mention that my panic was irrational but justified since I am off on a business trip next week), so I experimented with Essie Ballet Slippers. I am now in love with this color, and it is perfect for summer. This just goes to show you that venturing out of a routine can lead to great and unexpected discoveries.

8 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful color. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should also try essie "sugar daddy" it is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  3. I desperately want to try this one! My motto for nails in warm weather is "lights and brights" and this one would be perfect!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious! I'm the exact same way about sugar daddy. Haha. I've heard Ballet Slippers is a good one too though, so I'll have to try it now. I went to Whole Foods on Saturday and picked up a few cans of San Marzano peeled tomatoes. Now I cannot wait to see (and use) your recipe! Have a great trip.

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! I can totally see that. Check out starter wife--it's my go to. Speaking of, I need a mani right asap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I love this color! It would be perfect for everyday wear. So glad you ventured out of your routine! Now you have a new favorite and a new routine! :D

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. My bestie loves Essie polish. I've never even tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ballet slippers is my go to!

    ReplyDelete