Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Savoring Breakfast

IMG_5182

The best part of our Italian getaway was the food. We spent an inordinate amount of time lingering over breakfast. In "real life" I inhale a yogurt as I dart out of the house, usually leaving stains on my shirt before I even reach the car door. But in my Italian life, Jimmy and I spent at least an hour each day savoring jam-filled croissants and the hillside views from our balcony. Now that we are back to reality, we are making an conscious effort to sit down for breakfast together, even if it means waking up 10 minutes early.

IMG_5185
{sweet views}

IMG_5176
{sugar-filled croissants}

IMG_4925
{balcony views}

IMG_4937
{rolling hills landscape}

15 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds like something we need to start doing! Even better if it was in Italy, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a way to start a morning!!! Breakfast is so important - good for ya'll for making time for it. So many people don't due to this fast pace world we live in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep jealous breath. No, ok I am truly happy for you. We have been there, too. Time to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to get to Italy again for part of my honeymoon and the food usually is the best part to my travels...your views of breakfasts looks so lovely!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like the PERFECT way to kick of a morning!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. eating is the best part of vacation!! I also indulge on trip because I never do at home

    ReplyDelete
  7. ammmmazing! I love leisurely breakfasts too!

    do you mind letting me know where you stayed? we're headed to florence in a few weeks... I presume this is Florence??

    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww,savoring those sugared croissants and that last view is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I think of paradise, it's pretty close to that first picture! I feel so relaxed just looking at it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that is so amazing. I wish everyday was like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I could spend half my day "at breakfast"!
    I wanted to let you know that I passed the Versatile Blogger Award on to you! Congrats!
    www.durrerce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow how fabulous is this! I wish i could make everyday like this or at least once in awhile.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those croissants look so good!!! What a huge change it would make to wake up a little earlier every day and savor breakfast. I might have to start doing that too!

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  14. By the looks of your photos this trip was amazing. I definitely need your itinerary!

    ReplyDelete