Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Italy: The Itinerary

A trip to Europe from the States can easily become a whirlwind experience that leaves you exhausted. Jimmy and I are too busy in our ordinary lives to take a vacation from our vacation; therefore, our itinerary focused on relaxing. We stayed at 3 hotels in small northern Italian cities.

Jimmy planned our entire vacation, (literally the whole thing) and I was along for the ride, sun, and pasta. We started in Lake Como, then set off to Cinque Terra, and ended in the Tuscan hilltown of San Gimignano. We got our "big city" culture from day trips to Siena and Florence, but the majority of our time was spent hiking, soaking up the sun, and enjoying lazy lunches "Italian" style.

IMG_4350
Stop 1: Varenna, Lake Como (3 nights)
-Highlight was renting a boat and cruising the lake.

IMG_4745
Stop 2: Cinque Terra (3 nights)
-Highlight was the five town hike.

IMG_5153
Stop 3: San Gimignano, Tuscany (4 nights)
-Highlight was the Tuscan landscape.

IMG_5564
Stop 4: Day trip to Florence
-Highlight was finding The Jersey Shore house and seeing the cast!

13 comments:

  1. hahahah I can't believe you found the Jersey Shore cast. I just can't imagine what the hell kind of ruckus they are starting over there. I am glad the rest of you vacation was relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go on your WHOLE trip, Marcie -- especiallyl Lake Como; it's absolutely stunning!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcie, how are you?
    I loved your blog! I love Italy. I wonder how you should
    they enjoyed the trip. I am Brazilian living in Rio de
    January. I'm following you.
    A big kiss, Rozani

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful trip! Trip of a lifetime! And how sweet of your honey to plan the whole adventure! :)
    xo anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so beautiful, Marcie!!! What a dream vacation! I'm dying over the picture of the Jersey shore cast. HAHA!!!

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop the insanity - you saw the Jersey Shore cast?? I've never actually watched that an episode in entirety. Hopefully there were no flying punches...

    Your pictures are wonderful - I hope you share more!!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like heaven and what beautiful photos, looks like you had fantastic weather. Have great memories of staying on Lake Como at the Palace, did you see George?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jersey Shore!!!
    Get Cray! Get Wild!

    Deena Nicloe looks like a true vision in that photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just about to ask, but I see someone else beat me to it. Did you see Mr. Clooney in Lake Como? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so incredible Marcie! I love your pictures and it sounds like an incredible trip! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. At this time I am going away to ԁo my
    breakfast, once hаvіng my bгeakfast comіng
    oνеr аgain to read additiοnаl news.


    Also viѕit my web page ... No deposit car insurance

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thаt is ѵeгy intегestіng, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and sit up for in quest of extra of your great post. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks

    Look into my web site; http://www.ukinsurancewise.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's up to every body, it's my first рaу а
    vіsit of this website; thіѕ ωebpage carriеs remaгkable аnԁ trulу goοԁ information dеsіgned
    foг visitors.

    Takе a lοoκ at mу blog .
    .. Multiple Car Insurance

    ReplyDelete