Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Italy: Cinque Terra 5 Town Hike

IMG_4759

The hiking in Italy was the perfect offset to my enormous pasta intake. The best hike was in Cinque Terra between the five towns. After a difficult hike up the mountain, there was nothing better than looking down at the destination, a beautiful seaside village. I must say, I owe it to Jimmy for actually finishing because there were many times I was cussing up a storm and ready to take the train to the next town.

IMG_4742
{after a steep hike up, the first town peeked behind the mountain}

IMG_4774
{view from the other side of Vernazza - heading to town 3}

IMG_4775
{beautiful destination}

IMG_4800
{after four hours, the final town!}

IMG_4617
{grand finale}

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous view after your hike! Such pretty pictures and always nice to have the hike so you can enjoy all the pasta, as you said, and their yummy ice cream! You are both adorable!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you tease me w/ photos of Italy. Someday, I plan on getting there hopefully, sooner than later! Looks fantastic. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking to book a trip to Italy in the fall and this is really motivating me to start planning.

    Any sites you used to help you plan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so freakin' beautiful!!!! :) I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip sounds so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! those are some spectacular views!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what amazing views! and I would also gelato after that long hike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stop it right now. You are living my dream! Im dying to go there its absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unbelievable beauty. I didn't know water could look so blue!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those houses are so colorful and GORGEOUS! Jealousssss.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. AAhhhhh!! Absolutely STUNNING!! I have been DYING to go to Italy!!! Ok that's it, I need to start planning a trip ASAP!

    http://www.glamlatte.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is completely off the hook. I need to get myself together and line up a trip..."cussing up a storm and ready to take the train to the next town." - totally me!! hahaha!!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete