Friday, May 20, 2011

Food Friday: Mangia Mangia

IMG_5244
{Tuscan walnut sauce}

The Italians are food extraordinaires. The passion they have for food is obvious in they way they talk about it, prepare food, and savor every bite. Italians also take regional pride in their food and the specialties. Cinque Terra is known for pesto, and in Tuscany it is all about the walnut sauce. The best part for me was the guilt-free eating. After all, on vacation everything is fat free, right?

IMG_5215
{tomato and mushroom ravioli}

IMG_4696
{pesto from Cinque Terra}

IMG_4419
{egg pasta from Varenna, Lake Como}

IMG_4284
{vegetable soup - so amazing I had it twice}

IMG_4682
{dill olive appetizers}

IMG_5066
{the best picnic lunch}

IMG_4857
{pesto gnocchi}

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished watching Under the Tuscan Sun for the first time, logged on to blogger and here is your amazing Italian food post. If it wasn't so late I'd be in the kitchen making spaghetti. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! That Pesto Gnocchi looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dying.Dying.Dying. I need to get to Italy IMMEDIATELY!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief I don't know that you would have been able to get my back on the plane home. I kind of want it all!!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, the food looks absolutely amazing!! Eeee, I'm ready to go to Italy. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!!!

    Loving your photos of your Italy trip....have always wanted to go to Cinque Terre, it looks absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god, I'm dying over these photos! The pesto looks insane! And the cheese plate?? I'm considering booking a trip to Italy, just to experience the amazing food!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete