Monday, April 18, 2011

Summer Salad

IMG_4091

With summer over a month away, I've already adjusted my home menu. The summer salad is one of my favorite, no hassle staples in the kitchen. Jimmy and I used fresh mixed greens from the farmer's market and grilled free-range chicken breast. (Organic chicken is packed with 100x more flavor than regular chicken.) Toss in balsamic vinaigrette and you have a healthy supper salad. As a bonus, the veggie of the night was baked artichoke, Jimmy's current favorite.

IMG_4058
{fresh farmer's market greens}

IMG_4085
{baked artichoke}

IMG_4078
{extra caution when handling poultry}

6 comments:

  1. A crisp salad seriously can't be beat in the summer. This sounds delicious!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fresh and delicious, Marcie! I had strayed from salads most of the winter and now I'm back into them. The farmers market veggies are the best. And even better when I can get veggies (especially tomatoes) from my parents' garden. I hope you had a great weekend!

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great - How did you bake the artichoke?

    Xo
    Carly

    All This Grace and Charm
    http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful! Salads start sounding so good when the summer approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! I love summer salads. I can eat salad for lunch and dinner every day once the weather starts to warm up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. green, healthy and light - what better way to get prepared for summer? ;)

    ReplyDelete