Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Moutainside Picnic

IMG_3802

We had Jimmy's birthday picnic at the perfect place this weekend. Different levels of mountains added depth to the breathtaking scene. Blossoming trees offered the perfect contrast to the green redwoods, and the week's rain made the air crisp and fresh. The picnic bench center pieces were a combination of party blowers and yellow wildflowers I picked the night before. Days like this make me so happy to live in Northern California where I am surrounded by nature.

IMG_3783
{old-fashioned party blowers}

IMG_3865
{baby reese enjoying the view}

IMG_3816
{blossoming trees}

IMG_3909
{favorite wine}

IMG_3774
{wildflowers picked the night before}

11 comments:

  1. by the pictures it looks like a perfect picnic celebration. beautiful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are amazing!!! I wish that there wasnt still snow on the ground here!

    XX
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how gorgeous! What lovely pictures too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely...that wine shot is so simple, yet beautiful! I think northern CA would be more of a place for me because I like the pretty trees and things that LA doesn't have...so pretty!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful setting! It is so refreshing to live in this type of setting. The air is fresh and it feels so peaceful!

    Thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous photos! This is what spring is all about. I so crave to be in such a gorgeous setting. Nothing has blossomed here yet...

    Hope you're having a great week, sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like such a fun celebration -- and in a BEAUTIFUL location! I hope he had a lovely birthday!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photos! Reese is so adorable. I love Pinot Noir.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marcie, you are seriously the best wife ever. What a great birthday you threw for Jimmy! It looks beautiful there. And I've never had that wine, I need to try it. I love the wildflowers and baby Reese is adorable! It sounds like Jimmy had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete