Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Farmer Fresh

IMG_4000

A few photos of the fresh veggies and fruit Jimmy and I picked up at our local Farmer's market this weekend. The oranges are amazingly sweet, and I am actually craving vegetables for supper every night. I will never go back to store-bought produce. The flavors that pour from these farm fresh veggies and fruit is just amazing, and spending Sunday mornings wandering around the market is an added bonus. Do you shop at farmer's markets?

IMG_4009
{thick lettuce made for stir fry}

IMG_3993
{sweet squash}

IMG_4021
{giant artichoke}

10 comments:

  1. There's NOTHING like home grown fruits and veggies!! I miss going to my grandparents garden and picking all kinds of goodies! The best!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmer's market (and fresh-grown) fruit is my FAVORITE -- so tasty.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I love to eat fresh!!

    Vicky
    new post: .m.a.x.i.:&
    follow me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had a Farmers Market that was easy to get too...yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're getting a farmers market close to us soon and I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! fresh produce form the market is definitely the best. can't wait to get back home and enjoy a few months of healthy eating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMMMMMMMMM! Heavenly! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome images Marcie! I LOVE LOVE LOVE farmers markets and thankfully ours are starting up again this month in DC :) It's VERY hard to go back to supermarket produce once you get used to shopping at farmers markets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, tis the season for delicious fresh produce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so funny that you wrote this because I've actually been craving vegetables all week. I LOVE getting them from Farmer's Markets. The quality is night and day from grocery stores and I like to think I'm supporting local farmers. Your picture of the orange is making my mouth water!

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete