Monday, April 11, 2011

DIY: Canvas Quote

IMG_3977

I got the idea of painting a canvas from Rhiannon at Hey Gorgeous. The hardest part of the project was coming up with the right quote. I knew this canvas was for the bedroom, so love had to tie into the theme. After hours of research, I finally came up with "Love And Be Loved No Matter What" which simply sums up relationships. Painting was surprisingly relaxing and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I can't wait to do another canvas quote project. Contact me if you are interested.

IMG_3970
{painting the white letters required the most patience}

IMG_3935
{hippo gray}

IMG_3953
{broad brush strokes for the background was the most fun}

12 comments:

  1. Wow Marcie, I love this so much. I love that grey. I hope you get lots of orders, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS. You did an amazing job, Marcie!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm now trying to think of what I could do for one of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect, and all the more special that you did it yourself. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcie, this is beautiful! You did such a great job. It looks completely professionally done and what a pretty piece of art to hang in your bedroom. I love the grey and white you chose and the quote is perfect. I'm always looking for fun/inexpensive ways to add some flair to our apartment. Thanks for the inspiration! I hope you had a great weekend and I hope you're feeling better.

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marcie, it came out SO great!! What a perfect Sunday project and a wonderful addition your bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the grey is really came out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper sweet. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. how sweet and romantic. love the quote and colors ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks super cute Marcie :) Glad I could inspire you to create your own masterpiece!! xo

    ReplyDelete