Thursday, April 21, 2011

American Pickers



When it comes to television entertainment, Jimmy and I couldn't be further apart. It is always the History Channel vs. Bravo . . . the Real Housewives of Orange County vs. Modern Marvels. My reality TV addiction rivals his practical shows. Then along came American Pickers, the one show that has brought my household together. Being an antique junkie, I enjoy curling up on the couch and watching Mike and Frank find hidden treasures, while Jimmy enjoys their bargaining antics and bargain hunting. For Jimmy's 30th, I even emailed Frank, and he sent Jimmy a little message. It was an exciting moment, and we will always be faithful fans.

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when you find a show that meets both your needs? I need to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I am so with you I loooove me RHOOC! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hands down a Bravo girl but my husband hates it- so we pick a netflix something to watch together.. currently working through scrubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, same scenario in my living room. but somehow we agreed on the show amazing race. (is that still showing? haven't followed the show since we moved overseas.)

    that's cool that he sent your hubby an email. Haven't had much time to see tv but I will have to keep this show in mind, sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could have written this. We have the same divide in our house but Pickers is one of Jared's shows (one of the only ones) I don't mind watching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Bravo junkie too... I haven't seen this yet but it sounds like fun!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it too! I am amazed at their finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, this sounds exactly like our house too. I've never heard of this show though, I'll have to check it out. How fun that he e-mailed Jimmy for his birthday! After your comment, I'm dreaming about a See's candy bordeaux egg. Yum. Have a great weekend, Marcie!

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool! I've never watched that one, but perhaps it's time. Here's wishing you piles of Easter treats this weekend. I've already eaten half a pound of See's. So much for maximum results off the Shred.

    xo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That show is the best! One we both agree on too. They rock. HARD! I want their job...

    ReplyDelete