Monday, March 21, 2011

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

IMG_3639


My cousin gave me this great banana muffin recipe, and this rainy weekend was the perfect time to make them. Fresh bananas, brown sugar and organic whole wheat flour should be enough to motivate the most reluctant baker to break out the spatula. And with only a 20 minute cook time, how could you pass up this perfect breakfast treat. An added bonus is the warm and sweet scent that lingers hours after baking.

Makes about 1 dozen muffins. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

INGREDIENTS
4 to 6 extra ripe bananas
1/4 cup melted margarine
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of brown sugar

Mash the bananas in a bowl. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. *Add walnuts or chocolate as desired.

IMG_3621
{salt makes everything better}

IMG_3617
{very ripe bananas}

IMG_3629

12 comments:

  1. How serendipitous! I have some very ripe bananas, just waiting to be turned into something delicious, in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look amazing! i can't wait to try this recipe! i adore your blog, i think it's quite a lot like my own! i'm following you now!

    x,
    brittney from www.hushnwonder.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look and sounds amazing, Marcie :) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Banana bread is my favorite. I always love a new recipe for it! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, PLEASE. I've been looking for a whole wheat banana bread recipe forever -- these sound amazing!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, these look so amazing! i am definitely going to have to try this recipe out :) i love bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!!! I'd love to have these for breakfast any day of the week. Especially on a rainy weekend! Your pictures are fantastic, Marcie! The muffins feel like they're jumping off the page and into my hand. I wish they were! Hope you had a great weekend! I stayed inside most of the day yesterday since it was pouring all day! I read magazines, made some soup, and read my book (The Help). It was so nice and relaxing!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos!!! And muffins, I really need to make some of these one of these days. I keep making chocolate chip cookies, that's not good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just made banana bread this weekend. It is seriously my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! These look soooo good. I always come across food posts so late at night:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy the posts! Looking forward to many more (:The things given are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.
    Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete