Monday, March 7, 2011

Sugar & Spice

IMG_3517
"little girls are made of sugar & spice and everything nice"

I have officially entered another stage in my life now that my college friends are having babies. This weekend my college friend, Jess, threw a sugar & spice inspired baby shower for our friend Alexis. The sugar and spice theme was carried into all the edible treats and decor. We played with pinwheels, ate sugar daddy candies, enjoyed homemade cookies & cupcakes, and sipped champagne out of colorful straws. I will be recovering from my sugar coma all week. (For more of my talented and creative college friends, see here and here.)

P1000170
{homemade gingerbread cookies}

IMG_3557
{homemade chocolate and gingersnap cupcakes}

IMG_3506
{punch + champagne = perfect combo}

P1000193
{great send-off gift}

IMG_3503
{hostess with the mostess}

8 comments:

  1. What an awesome party idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun theme! I love it and it looks like such a fabulous shower.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar & Spice - so CUTE. My daughter is expecting and I just may play copy-cat. This is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is SUCH a cute shower!!! I know, all my friends are having babies now too. It's so exciting! Your friend did a fantastic job. All the treats look awesome. Congrats to Alexis!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. those cookies are adorable! What a cute idea with the cinnamon buns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT , sweet, wonderful shower ideas! The bin in the oven... CUTE!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an ADORABLE theme!!! I can relate to being at that stage in life. I was just coming to terms with everyone getting/being married. I'm not ready for everyone to start having babies!!

    ReplyDelete