Friday, April 1, 2011

My 3 Sources of Daily Inspiration

There is nothing like a good blog. After following stories everyday, I've come to feel connected to the writer and find myself following their story. A good blog also offers continuous inspiration that changes daily, so stories are always fresh and fun. I've developed a morning ritual of looking at my favorite blogs, and each one speaks to a different side of me. I wouldn't exchange these lovely ladies for anything, and I hope they know how much I appreciate their hard work in bringing new content several times a week.

For Food & Fashion


Valerie, author of Red Vines for Breakfast, is a cross between a fashionista and bakerella, all with an LA twist! She makes the most delicious desserts (Nutella lovers beware) and always looks polished with her impeccable style. I will let you in on a little secret, Val and I went to high school together, but she was a couple years older so we never really hung out. She was the stunning upperclassman that everyone looked up to. Now, I feel like I know her so well and this is all thanks to Red Vines for Breakfast.

For Fashion and Motivation


Taylor, author of Sterling Style, is my source of all things fashion. I love that she lives close to me and we went to the same college (although we've never met). Her fashion sense is very affordable and practical, so I often keep her style in mind when shopping. Taylor is also extremely driven with her career. There have been a few times when I am analyzing my own career path and I've thought of Taylor and how she is really grabbing onto her dreams. Check out her most important project yet, the Glitter Guide, here.

For Advice and Perspective


Lou, author of Lou, Boos and Shoes, is my daily source of perspective (with a UK twist). Her writing is always so honest and open, and her photos are gorgeous too. Lou, thank you for opening up and sharing all your dreams and fears with us. Your blog has such a special place in my heart. And I'd like to think of you as my friend across the pond.

16 comments:

  1. Love the first 2, and I haven't checked out the 3rd so I definitely need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am going to check them out right now, thank you for the tips!

    Come check my lovely book giveaway! Hugs and kisses from Rio!
    http://acasadava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally see Valerie as being the girl everyone wanted to be in high school! Heck, I still want to be her. And I adore Taylor's blog too -- I'll have to jump over and check out the third one!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh - honestly I was so NOT expecting that! I was reading about the other blogs and then scrolled down and saw...Boo! How lovely - thank you so much; you have been there since I started blogging, checking in and leaving me lovely comments. Indeed we are firm friends across the pond. Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE taylor and valerie's blogs...two of my daily reads. will have to check out LouBoos soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting us check out your favs! Sometimes I covet mine...lol!!! But, sharing is caring. And I am off to check out yor blog loves...happy weekend doll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Marcie. I just teared up when I read this. You are so sweet. Wow, thank you so much for the amazingly kind words. This completely made my day. I feel the exact same way about reading your blog everyday. It's become part of my daily routine that I cannot skip, and it's been such a fun way to get to know you better. I love your other two picks as well, they're so inspirational. I'm honored to be on your list! Have a great weekend, Marcie.

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. your blog is super cute too! I love how you highlight your favorites. I have my ritual of reading through my faves as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice post. I follow Red Vines for Breakfast too.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love Lou!! Such a sweet friend and has been a friend of mine for so long :) From across the pond nevertheless. Great list Marcie, can't wait to check out the others. Happy Friday Miss Marcie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great - I'm going to head right on over to them now. Both of them are instantly appealing - the yellow clutch and the categories with the high heels- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay I love these 3 too. Val has become such a good blogging friend of mine and I'm always interested to see what she's coming up with in the kitchen. Did you see those Tory Burch shoes today?? Wowsa (coincidentally not from the kitchen).

    And Lou is a wise, wise woman. I found her blog via Milijana and I think you...way back in the beginning last year. She is so insightful and has such a calming presence.

    Have a great weekend Marcie!

    xo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  13. cant wait to check these out!!

    XX
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been following Valerie for a long time but I'm excited to check out your other two recommendations! XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. That yellow clutch is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great post and wonderful tips. there is really nothing like good blog connections. off to check these adorable ladies...

    ReplyDelete