Monday, March 28, 2011

Lost Boys of Sudan



On Friday night, I was scrolling through Netflix and stumbled across Lost Boys of Sudan. I was instantly captivated by the movie's trailer about African refugee boys relocating to America. Jimmy and I watched the movie intently; this was literally the first time in ages I wasn't simultaneously on the computer. A few hours after the movie, we were still talking about the acclimation process refugees in America go through. Every once in a while, a story captures your heart and changes your perspective on an otherwise ordinary day, and Lost Boys of Sudan will do just that. I highly recommend it.

Jimmy and I are anxious to get involved and have reached out to our local organization. To get involved or learn more, click here.


{One group of boys that graduated from American schools}

6 comments:

  1. I MUST catch this immediately. I remember seeing something about them on TV once but have always been intrigued by their story.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw another documentary about these "boys" called God Grew Tired of Us and it resonated deeply with me also. I'll have to check this one out too.

    Thanks for the rec.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds so familiar, I will put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great post and interesting tip. will definitely add to my queue. thx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a documentary about this called God Grew Tired of Us. I am also slowly making my way through book the book " What is the What." Which is a ghost written biography about the main guy. I'll have to look up this movie : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this one, but I'm now adding it to my Netflix list. I know, it's so rare that I watch a movie without doing something else at the same time. Hope you had a great weekend, Marcie!

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete