Friday, March 11, 2011

Food Friday: Chicken Curry Over Rice

IMG_3202

I am so excited to post about Jimmy's new and amazing dish! We both work full-time jobs, so we rarely think outside the box when it comes to meals. You can imagine how excited I was to come home to chicken curry and rice. The smell of coconut milk was a delight. This dish is our new love and we have it at least once a week. What is your latest and greatest dish?

IMG_3190

IMG_3188

IMG_3186

Recipe:
(1) Stir 50 grams curry paste and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 1 minute.
(2) Add 150 grams of your favorite meat and 3 cups of coconut milk, 4 tablespoons brown sugar and 6 tablespoons of tamarind paste (if preferred).
(3) Add potatoes (cubed) and onions.
(4) Simmer on medium until boiled down.
(5) Enjoy over rice!

15 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!!! I have a curry obsession right now. Thanks for sharing the recipe =) Mmmmmmm!

    xo
    melissa @champagne wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be a good one for the hubby!

    XX
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! :)
    Sounds lovely! I have never had anything curried, but I do love chicken!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds SUPER delicious! Mmmmmm, I love anything with chicken and rice.
    xo Josie
    thtp://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, i need to find coconut milk stat, i want to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh yummm. Now I know what I'm making for Sunday night dinner! This looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome and super easy, Marcie! I'm always looking for quick weeknight meals because I'm usually starving and exhausted by the time I get home from work. I'm going to have to try this! Have a great weekend!!!

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love curry, but I never make it at home. I must try this! Thanks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness yum! My Ma always makes a dish like this back home (in Canada haha) and it is so tasty and spicy :) Got your pics too love. Just gotta go through them all this weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my lawddd a post after my own heart. I have to say I make a mean red curry chicken ;) My latest? Well, I'd have to give credit to my A- he made the best veggie bolognese I have EVER. My mouth is watering just typing about it haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the recipe!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! This sounds delish and seems easy!

    ReplyDelete