Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekly Rituals


Rituals, we all have them. Some call them routine, but I think that is such a drab description. Rituals come and go, but here are a few of my constants. Please share your rituals in the comment section.
  1. Sunday Bath. Every Sunday I take a bath, clear my head and relax for the upcoming week. I always include Epsom Bath Salts and Bumble's Sunday Shampoo.
  2. Nightly Read. To clam my thoughts before bed, I read. My latest focus is on being present, and Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth does just that.
  3. Yoga. Practicing yoga instills balance and strength all while quieting my mind. I practice yoga at least twice a week.
  4. Meditation. I just started meditating, and so far so good. Every night before I fall asleep, I clear my mind and put all my attention on the energy moving through my body. It is amazing how a little focus can make you feel the body's energy.
  5. Church. Sunday church always signals the end of a week and beginning of a new one. Jimmy and I have found a church with the best music, so every mass feels like a trip to the orchestra.

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh your rituals sounds so amazing and rejuvenating. I need more of that in my life. I feel like I start each week exhausted and scattered instead of relaxed and focused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm big on my rituals. And when they don't happen, I get superdistressed. Examples include my caffeine schedule, eating a bagel in the same spot at my favorite campus cafe twice a week, and my very specific finals rituals -- which I won't even go into, because they're a little insane.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a refreshing post. I don't meditate, but I do practice silence and it is probably the highlight of my day whenever I do it. Making myself be still is so very therapeutic. Btw, we're looking for a new church, too - it really does start the week off right, doesn't it?

    Hope you have a great one!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i wish have a routine , my routine is completely crap and sometimes i dont stick to it haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read every night too! Love sinking my teeth into a good book to just relax before bed.

    http://www.glamlatte.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, Marcie! I'm such a creature of habit and LOVE my routines. Your Sunday bath ritual sounds so relaxing and the perfect way to wind down the weekend. Here are a few of my routines that keep me happy/sane:

    yoga
    morning coffee
    reading before bed
    baking on Sundays
    cleaning on Saturday mornings

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have my rituals too.

    I have to check my email, read my bible and make my coffee all before my son wakes up in the morning.

    <3 Theres a give a way on my blog.
    HAPPY LOVE DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I TOTALLY agree with all of this. esp 2 and 3! ;) Love this post what a great idea! Thanks for sharing and also for ur darling comment on our blog. Keep in touch, gorgeous! Happy V Day!

    I Live For It

    Xx. Jewls and Liza

    ReplyDelete
  9. Routes are what use to keep me sane and yours sound just so refreshing. Maybe it is time that I get back to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bubble baths, Something I missed doing in croatia (we had NO bathtub).
    I can spend hours and hours at the bookstores.I came across a book about teaching meditation to kids, I thought about purchasing it, but I didn't.

    Have a wonderful valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fantastic rituals!! I have some similar ones too :)

    Like morning and night time baths, yoga work outs and smoothies afterwards!

    Happy Valentines Day lovelie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh!!! I am sooo excited about winning the L'occitane. I NEVER win anything! You made my day, I love these products! Thank you! (I will email you toot sweet!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have weekly rituals too, and I often like to switch them up a bit. Lately, I've been reading a news article in Arabic everyday in order to strengthen my reading and writing skills. I need to learn how to meditate!

    ReplyDelete