Rituals, we all have them. Some call them routine, but I think that is such a drab description. Rituals come and go, but here are a few of my constants. Please share your rituals in the comment section.
- Sunday Bath. Every Sunday I take a bath, clear my head and relax for the upcoming week. I always include Epsom Bath Salts and Bumble's Sunday Shampoo.
- Nightly Read. To clam my thoughts before bed, I read. My latest focus is on being present, and Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth does just that.
- Yoga. Practicing yoga instills balance and strength all while quieting my mind. I practice yoga at least twice a week.
- Meditation. I just started meditating, and so far so good. Every night before I fall asleep, I clear my mind and put all my attention on the energy moving through my body. It is amazing how a little focus can make you feel the body's energy.
- Church. Sunday church always signals the end of a week and beginning of a new one. Jimmy and I have found a church with the best music, so every mass feels like a trip to the orchestra.