Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Product Push: Enlightenment Book



Most agree that living in the "present" is a difficult thing to do; it seems impossible at times. Our minds are constantly flooded with past moments or racing to figure out the future. Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now has been my saving grace. Just a few pages every night focus me on the "right now." I am finding myself more carefree, sleeping deeper, being better at my job, and a more compassionate friend and wife.

Plain and simple, I just feel more centered, something that has never happened to my Type A brain.

Here are a few things The Power of Now teaches me:

(1) Get out of your head by asking yourself if your thought is rooted in the past or future. If it is either, switch to the right now.
(2) Getting in touch with your body's energy (even if it is a few minutes a day) awakens you to how much energy is not your mind.
(3) You are not your mind/thoughts.
(4) When you are truly focused on the present, smells are sweeter, lights are brighter, sounds are louder . . . life is greater.
(5) Being present takes time and practice, so keep with it. Eventually your 1 minute turns into 5, then 10 . . . . until it becomes endless.

7 comments:

  1. Such great advice! I need to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tips are BRILLIANT -- I'll have to check it out!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds awesome! I'm always trying to be more "present" but it never quite seems to work out for me. I love the 5 tips you posted. Thanks for the tips, Marcie!

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to look into this. Love the five tips - they seem so do-able. I am always looking forward to something in the future and not focusing on enjoying the now. (also focusing on the future causes me to worry about things that will never happen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a great read :) Love those 5 tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Tolle is a compelling author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the 5 tips!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete