Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Home Style: California Coastal Cottage

IMG_3053

My favorite place on earth is San Luis Obispo. (See here for my previous post.) This weekend, we visited friends there and I fell in love with my friend Annie's cottage. She has such a great eye for all things pretty. What I love most about her home style is her use of color and antiques. She brightens textured white walls with fresh flowers and colorful vases. We spent the weekend daydreaming of becoming antique dealers and exchanged vintage decorating tips.

IMG_3110
{fresh garden roses}

IMG_3065
{cookbook nook}

IMG_3051
{spray of green}

IMG_3056
{Roxie, the gatekeeper}

IMG_3058
{original crystal doorknobs}

7 comments:

  1. Crystal doorknobs *swoon* Is there anything more beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now I have to ask, SLO? DO you know the Severino sisters Lindsey, Lauren, Lisa, Leah??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL place! I love all the white.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marcie Girl! Oh, looks like a charming place! Look at that gorgeous rose! Roxie, what a lil cutie pie! I bet she is a great gatekeeper, he he!
    Hope you are having a lovely lovely day :)
    love ya
    gi gi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those doorknobs are my favorite! What a pretty cottage! And that rose is so perfect, it almost looks fake. Glad you had a great weekend!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend Annie's cottage looks fantastic! So sad the dog's name is Roxy though hahaha oh well..can't win 'em all! Can't wait for your giveaway! p.s Thanks so much for the congrats! I hope to bring you the utterly and utmost fabulous..fingers crossed it all works out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I love that breezy beachy feel.

    ReplyDelete