Monday, February 28, 2011

Dear Vogue:

Dear Vogue:

Thank you for a magazine full of captivating images and rich stories. However, I have become increasingly frustrated with the layout; this month especially. I have to page through a tremendous amount of ads (approx. 150 pages) before I get to the first page of content. After finally reaching my favorite read "letter from the editor," I am forced to search for the remainder of the letter among even more ads and unnumbered pages. When I can't even read Anna Wintour's piece without feeling like I am on a treasure hunt, we have a problem. I know ads make money and I like the images, but it would be great if the stories were kept together, especially Anna's piece.

Respectfully,
M

12 comments:

  1. Vogue always frustrates me when they put 500 pages! 700 pages! 800 pages! On the cover, and over half of it is ads. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second this, Vogue has become a magazine of ads. I'm always digging to get to the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, it's so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly said, and I have come to find the same thing more recently with magazines, especially Vogue!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand, love. I'm taking a magazine history course right now and it used to ALWAYS be like that... Kind of a bummer to see that it's coming back.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree its the reason i stopped buying it,so frustrating!
    Love Kristina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't bother reading fashion mags anymore - for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree more! Sometimes I feel like I read one article amongst two hundred pages of ads. And then when January issues hit my mailbox I'm always sad that it's so thin (even though the actual content is probably the same). Haha. It would be a lot nicer for us if they did keep the ads together. Like in the back? Hope you had a great weekend!

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, I never liked that about that magazine. Even though I do enjoy some adds, it's a scavenger hunt just to find the table of contents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't agree more, Marcie.

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete