Friday, January 28, 2011

This Week's Balance: Jewel


"In the end, only kindness matters" - Jewel, Hands

I have found refuge in Jewel's music since high school. I remember listening to her album Spirit on repeat in the rainy months after turning 17. If I try hard enough, I can literally picture myself driving around in my car with her soft melodies playing as the rain pounded down. Now, whenever I am frazzled and need downtime, Jewel equals me out. Her music is my balance. In particular, my favorites include Down So Long, Goodbye Alice in Wonderland and Hands.

5 comments:

  1. Awww, I kind of love her. I love her story, her adorable cowboy husband, and her piano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Jewel's first CD and loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jewel -- You Were Meant for Me is still a favorite!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have similar memories, except i was in college. i love her new one, satisfied.

    thanks for visiting my blog the other day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. for me as well - I remember listening to her sweet voice through so many moments of me growing up. she's so talented!

    ReplyDelete