Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chasing Confidence


Confidence is one of the most attractive things to exude, but at times it is fleeting. No matter your shape, income or where you live, confidence is universal for power and beauty. Now if only we could keep it constant. When I feel my confidence waning, here are my top 5 tactics to get it back in check.

  • Ask for a Pep Talk. We are our own worst critic, but those close to us recognize our strengths. Don't be afraid to call on your most trusted friend and ask for a pep talk. Just the other night I was overwhelmed by a project, and I called my friend for a pep talk. It is amazing what these 3 minutes did for my psyche.
Street Smile
  • The 5 Minute Smile Test. For five minutes, smile at those you make eye contact with. Whether at the coffee shop, the subway, or walking down the street, a little smile sends a big message. After all, isn't the saying "smile, it increases your face value."
  • Sweat. Plain and simple, get your endorphins going. You don't need to "reinvent yourself" and work out 5x a week either. It is amazing what a 10 minute brisk walk can do for clarity and perspective.
  • Mask It. Bad skin leads to big blues that sink confidence. When my skin isn't cooperating, I put on a clarifying mask. I love the skin renewing feeling, and look of the mask on my face, even if it is just for 15 minutes.
  • Blast Your Tune. You know that song that makes you feel invincible? Turn it up. My song has a strong beat that instantly empowers me. A quick dance session will increase the spring in your step.

19 comments:

  1. song. i'm all about it. i've listened to stevie wonder's signed, sealed, delivered i'm yours before every important test, etc. especially before the bar exam. phew, totally gives me confidence!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these photos! so cute. thank you so much for your comment - glad you enjoyed our post.

    hope you'll come visit us again soon.
    xo, camilla & valerie
    abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally with you on all these, but especially the whole pep talk from a friend thing. It works wonders! Thank goodness for girlfriends. And I used a face mask the day before yesterday and it felt soooooo delightful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I totally turn the music up or get a pep talk when I'm feeling down :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need a ton of sweat. Probably the only girl on the planet who is becoming more lazy the closer the wedding gets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all amazingly inspirational! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list of confidence-boosting tips, my dear! Especially the smiling one... And you're right; exercise gives so much confidence.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all and agree, I always feel better after a good work out:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips Marcie! Especially #1, sometimes we don't reach out to loved ones and they are the best at bringing us back up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marcie - love this post - in fact I think these tops 5 work for lots of things as well as confidence building. General happiness! Nothing better than heading out for a run and getting that endorphin hit. But for me I like the pep talk one; I do find when friends give me feedback it resets my whole day. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marcie,
    Love this post so much,my head phones have been glued to my ears of late....it works!
    Love Kristina x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it - great advice Marcie! Just what I needed today :)
    xo anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tips, Marcie. I agree that a bad day can do a number on my confidence. But a pep talk or a workout always make me feel better!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved your tips and photos - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous list of fun and easy tips for confidence. I too, feel so much better after hearing my fave song, working out or just being kinder and happier towards others :) Hope all is well gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are such a great tips. A good pep talk and workout always does the trick for me:) Hugs and kisses, darling

    Ps: I am hosting a beautiful Garnish party supplies GIVEAWAY today :) ...Just in time for Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful advice. I want to post those on my mirror to see daily! Confidence and self-esteem are not my strong suits. I'm envisioning these in a little frame in my bathroom :)

    ReplyDelete