Confidence is one of the most attractive things to exude, but at times it is fleeting. No matter your shape, income or where you live, confidence is universal for power and beauty. Now if only we could keep it constant. When I feel my confidence waning, here are my top 5 tactics to get it back in check.
- Ask for a Pep Talk. We are our own worst critic, but those close to us recognize our strengths. Don't be afraid to call on your most trusted friend and ask for a pep talk. Just the other night I was overwhelmed by a project, and I called my friend for a pep talk. It is amazing what these 3 minutes did for my psyche.
- The 5 Minute Smile Test. For five minutes, smile at those you make eye contact with. Whether at the coffee shop, the subway, or walking down the street, a little smile sends a big message. After all, isn't the saying "smile, it increases your face value."
- Sweat. Plain and simple, get your endorphins going. You don't need to "reinvent yourself" and work out 5x a week either. It is amazing what a 10 minute brisk walk can do for clarity and perspective.
- Mask It. Bad skin leads to big blues that sink confidence. When my skin isn't cooperating, I put on a clarifying mask. I love the skin renewing feeling, and look of the mask on my face, even if it is just for 15 minutes.
- Blast Your Tune. You know that song that makes you feel invincible? Turn it up. My song has a strong beat that instantly empowers me. A quick dance session will increase the spring in your step.