Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bowling 2.0



I really think I was born a century too late, so it is no surprise that I love all things vintage (see here and here), including my entertainment (see here). I was pleasantly surprised, however, when Jimmy's work party was at a hip and modern bowling alley. Set up like a chic lounge, it had a full bar, mood lighting, and neon pins! It was so fun to sip an appletini while playing a few games. After a night out at the "club" I have to say that I am still partial to the 1980s bowling alley, but this was fun for a night.




appletini!


giant televisions over each lane


Shrimp on a stick (clever, isn't it?)

12 comments:

  1. How fun is that? I wish we had a place like that around here. I feel like we would spend a lot of time there!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
    Small Town Ramblings Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bowling alleys, old and new! That appletini looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God! I just love bowling. Oh my Gooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks like so much fun! I love the idea of a chic bowling alley.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bowling and Im plannning take Balazs bowling over the Holidays:) Sounds like a great evening,sweetie
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow they are really stepping it up with this bowling alley!! Martini's and bowling, love it!

    http://www.glamlatte.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at neon bowling pins! What a fun place! Down here we have Lucky Strike which is similar and basically a swanky bowling alley. I agree that they're fun for a change, but I prefer the old school bowling with the smelly shoes and cheap hot dogs.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been bowling in forever!! What an awesome idea for a work holiday party. and i would have been munching on those shrimp-on-a-stick the entire night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is my kinda work party - glow in the dark pins AND shrimp on a stick (those things look like perfect snacks btw). How great that they served appletini's too. Nothing like a cocktail to ward off the bowling shoe fear in me :)

    xo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. i live by 2 bowling alleys (one's owned by ashton k et al) but i've never been to them. i really wanna tho.
    ps--i have a giveaway i think you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks like fun! I don't go bowling in a while but hubby loves too, maybe should try and find some time :)

    ReplyDelete