Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy LA


Easy wardrobes that don't compromise style and sophistication

The one thing LA is not lacking is shopping. That said, huge department stores are overwhelming and boutiques are usually pretentious and intimidating. A few weekends ago I went with my fashion consultant (aka cousin - Gina) to Happy LA, a boutique tucked away in the beautiful Pacific Palisades, and I haven't stopped thinking about this little gem since. Actually, I've been visualizing a "Happy SF" version to service us northern Californians. Happy LA has (1) a great layout for easy shopping, (2) uncomplicated and sophisticated styles, and (3) stylists who are over the top accommodating. I purchased a great shirt designed by Happy LA and have received numerous compliments. If you are in the area, stop by.


Co-founders Dawn and Lori

17 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous shop! I want a Happy MSP; this is so pretty!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the green and white wallpaper in the boutique.
    is that the blouse you purchased? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you get the vneck shirt? it sounds like a good store :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This sounds amazing, I will need to check it out next time I'm in SoCal!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a great little spot Marcie. I do love the smaller ones that aren't overrun by insanity, especially at this time of year. And Pacific Palisades is a wonderful neighborhood, too...far, far away from the dreaded mall!! I can't believe it was horrible already (glad you made it out alive!)

    Happy Monday!
    Carrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great store! I'm in the Palisades a lot, so I'll definitely stop in and check it out sometime soon. Your new year's plans sound awesome, Marcie. I welcome any opportunity to spend holidays in comfy clothes. I'm such a scrooge, but I usually don't do anything for New Year's. Gabe's always working and it's just easier to stay home and avoid all the chaos. So I'll probably be in my sweats too this year!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm
    I live in LA so I ma have to check out out sometime! The boutique itself looks pretty amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Great to know about a cute shop down there. I will have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a wonderful store:) I so would love to visit:)
    Happy Monday,sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like such a fun boutique! Will definitely have to check out next time I'm in town :)

    Happy Monday, sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a super cute shop!! i LOVE going shopping in LA!!

    btw, i am new to your blog and love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ugh I'm loving Europe but this makes me MISS LA and the fabulous shopping greatly!!

    xx,
    Glocal Girl

    ReplyDelete