Friday, July 16, 2010

Food Friday: Chocolate Chip Cookies



Please welcome the lovely Josie from with a wink and a smile. Here are her famous chocolate chip cookies!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, I simply must thank the absolutely lovely and charming Marcie for inviting me to guest post for Food Friday -- how sweet is this girl?

To say that I have an obsession with baking chocolate chip cookies is an understatement. I personally prefer to call it a mission -- to create the perfect treat, a balance of semi-sweet chocolate and sugar unrivaled by any other cookie. Perhaps I'm being a tad dramatic; regardless, I've been baking chocolate chip cookies since second grade in an attempt to find a recipe that I loved. After working my way through several sub-par recipes and an unsuccessful catering endeavor, that moment hit when I was 17 and finally perfected the modifications (some are top secret but many are below) on this recipe. It results in perfectly golden chewy-on-the-inside-and-
crunchy-on-the-outside treats every time I make a batch. I guarantee they'll be a hit at your next event -- I recommend a return to childhood by pairing mini-cookies with a shot of milk. A delicious spin on your usual cocktail snack with just a hint of whimsy -- something that we could all use a bit of in our lives.


I prefer flatter cookies, so I cut the amounts of baking powder and soda in the recipe by half
I also mix the dough by hand


The recipe says to use your fingers to create dough balls, though I prefer spoons


Turn the pan halfway through baking for the perfect golden shade


I ate an undisclosed number of cookies in the process of creating this post...

xo Josie

22 comments:

  1. haha i eat undisclosed amounts of cookie dough when making these :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yay! Happy to see Josie's posting about her famous cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! Those look absolutely divine, I was thinking about making a batch of Hokey Pokey cookies just now and this is the inspiration I need to get me up off the lounge!! :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! Perfect for a night in ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha love your last sentence... I love chocolate chip cookies! Now I really want some... I might have to make these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum! These look like the kind you find in bakeries!

    Have a great weekend lovely!

    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha YUM!

    <3 Happy Week-END

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahah....Yummy...My favourite cookies in the whole world:)
    Kisses and Happy, yummy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I love the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmm! There is nothing better than the smell of chocolate chip cookies filling a house! Those look delicious, Josie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The link didn't seem to copy, but the recipe can be found here:
    http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipedetail.asp?sessionid=&login=yes&id=69&page=
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heart you for this recipe, Josie - I am so trying it out ASAP!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just like Krystal and eat so much dough! this look pure yumminess :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, these cookies look amazing, Josie! Every time I made cookies I eat so much of the dough that I feel sick before they're even baked. Haha. Great post!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cookies look amazing....

    XOXO
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  16. I live int he U.K and often wondered about sticks of butter, your photograph has finally shed some light.

    By the way the cookies look good. Are all those five for me!?

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ummm..luv them. I want them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just made some last night. Had strawberry blonde brew and choco chip cookies. It was quite the snack! Totally drooling over these pics btw. You are responsible for me going to eat more cookies. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  19. aah craving for some choc chip cookies right now:)

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yum! I love cookies. Especially chocolate chip ones. Thanks!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete