Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Favorite Season: Summer



Hi, I am Sue from the Zhush. I was so flattered when Marcie asked me to do a guest post on "favorites," and I knew exactly what I would write mine on . . . Summer! It is my favorite season, and I literally seem to love everything about it.

Here in New York, summer flies by in an instant. I try to enjoy every aspect of this season.

I love the clothes:


Getting really dressed up in the summer months always feels effortless...


and, casual wear like this fabulous boho/beachie ensemble is a snap!

I love all the foods of Summer:

Fresh and natural choices...




and other types as well!




For me, the perfect summer cocktail is the Mojito!


I could go on and on about Summer and the beaches!


The long days...


and even the music! "Summer breeze, makes me feel fine...blowing through the Jasmine in my mind."

Happy Summer!

[Images via: LauraDayLiving;Acanthus and Acorn; Google Images; MassimoVitali.com
]


21 comments:

  1. I love summer too - this was a fun guest post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is the best...I adore the fresh,warm air and the sun makes me happy each day! Those dresses are so pretty:) Kisses and have a fun day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Summer to you too! I love it when it's NOT so hot & humid out! Great photos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great favorites! I adore that purple maxi dress!


    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dresses<3

    Come enter my giveaway!

    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a big fan of summer.. but I love all the things you listed, lol!!

    <3 Kelly

    sourtang.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK. Now I'm feeling hungry, lazy and I still have a full day ahead of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love summer too! especially that song! nice choice!
    <3 anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of these things too!! That purple dress is beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post, Sue! I love the long days and food of summer too. Definitely a favorite season of mine.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post. This really captures summer so beautifully. I love that picture of the popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Now that June gloom is finally going away, I can start enjoying the fruits of Summer! Especially beach days! :)

    xoxo,
    Bren @ Chasing Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm...watermelon! I have yet to taste one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will miss wearing dresses and eating fresh fruit, but I wont miss this heat!

    Remember to enter for your chance to win a Two Strap Belt from Sway!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific list here Sue! mmmmmojito + boho beachy dress + fruit = perfect summer day!! Carrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love that first dress! and oh my that watermelon looks sooo delicious! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post is fab, dear! Summer is so fabulous -- fresh fruit, pretty sundresses, long nights... Perfect.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i agree summer's the bee's knees :)

    mp
    http://www.thepinkandblueblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous pictures. they epitomize summer so perfectly. lovely post!

    xx,
    anna jane

    http://seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You had me at the first purple dress. Nice collection of what summer is. I posted something similar including slices of watermelon...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for having me here! It was a lot of fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete