Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Favorite Place: Peru

Please welcome the lovely Rachel from **Its Simple Love**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello to all! My name is Rachael from Its Simple Love. Let me start off by saying thank you to Marcie for this grand opportunity to guest post on her blog. I adore Lemons and Laundry. She has been a daily read for me for a while now so you can imagine how I felt when she asked me to guest post.


I would love to share with you all the favorite places I have traveled. I recently returned from Peru in May. I lived there for four months and it was a dream! My husband had an internship there and I mainly cooked and spent time with the family we lived with. We cooked some interesting things to say the least.


Why is Peru is my favorite place? For me, Peru is quite different than where I come from: the States. The culture is rich, the people are humble and friendly, the land is diverse in it's terrain, and the history is rich with fact and fiction.


I was able to visit the seaside in Trujillo, the Andes Mountains, and the Amazon Jungle all in Peru. The cultures changed as did the land and the climate in these various places. The feeling of excitement and awe did not. Let me share with you some sights I saw.


Trujillo, Peru: ancient fishing village.

The sunset on the beach while surfing.

Lovely florals line houses, walls, and fences.

Most houses and buildings are brightly painted.

Horse back riding in the middle of the Andes Mountains.

On top of Huayna Picchu, the mountain you see in the background of the next picture.

Machu Pichu, a world wonder and ancient ruin.

An "88" butterfly that landed on my arm in the Amazon Jungle.

Floating village of Belen in Iquitos: a city in the middle of the Amazon Jungle.

I was able to hold a baby sloth at an animal orphanage! Best day ever.


So from these photos you can see why Peru is my favorite place in the world I have traveled. It is filled with eye opening opportunities. It changed my life.

26 comments:

  1. so that is going on my to go list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It surely does look like an amazing place! I love how the houses are decorated in bright colors. And that is incredible you got to go to the Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of the butterfly. That is so pretty. Peru looks like a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic sweetie...Those views and the baby sloth...awww:)
    I really would love to visit Peru one day:) I adore places like that:)
    Great post and have a wonderful day:)
    Muah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peru is definitely on my go to list. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! How cute is that little sloth?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachael is one of my favorite bloggers! Great post :) I'm happy I was introducted to your blog, it's really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so beautiful. My husband is dying to visit Peru. It looks incredible.


    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What an adventurer!
    oxox
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing pictures! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see why it is your favorite. Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachael, these pictures are breathtaking! My favorite is the one of you with the baby sloth! I've never been to Peru, but this looks incredible.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. machu pichu is amazing! the hike up to wayna pichi is killer tho!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, that looks like an incredible trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post! great pictures! great blogger! love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks amazing!! great photos...

    XOXO
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow now that is just spectacular! You look gorgeous in these photos. And that butterfly & sloth are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOW absolutely happy girl you are,darling Rachael!!!-)*

    It looks beyond amazing,all colours and the space are breathtaking fabulous:-)))*

    Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous! I will come check out your blog as well. I was in Peru a few years ago with 3 of my girlfriends and I love it too. It's so nice you got to live there for four months!Wow. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful post, Rachael! I'd love to go to Peru – you took such lovely photos. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What gorgeous photos. My Mom's fiance and his son went there this year and they said it was an incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Trujillo has the longest left wave on earth. Needless to say, perfect surf spot!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Honestly, your photos are so gorgeous that I have never wanted to go anywhere more! I desperately want to visit right now!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. what an AMAZING post! and what is that butterfly? seriously!

    ReplyDelete