Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Art House



The beauty of art is in the eye of the beholder, and for me, I love abstracts. I am drawn to various colors and textures rather than capturing a particular image. While in Kauai, I was thrilled when I met Julie Berg, owner of, and one artist featured at, the Art House. She recently opened this bright and airy island studio that features her work, as well as other artists and sculptors from the island.

I was lucky enough to chat with Julie about the opening of the studio and where she finds her personal inspiration. Julie worked for an artist for years and recently became an artist herself. Originally, her paintings were inspired by the vivid colors and textures she saw scuba diving, but lately she has focused on painting more abstracts with may different pallets and textures. For example, a recent piece (see last photo below) includes everything from acrylic to spray paint, all on one canvas! Even more beautiful than her art is Julie's sweet personality. She is very easygoing and speaks with ease about her studio and art. I can tell she is passionate about her life, and this comes out in her intricate and fascinating paintings. Currently, I am working on a color scheme to submit to Julie for a custom painting. I will be sure to share the end result!




Beautiful outdoor space




One of Julie's pieces currently in progress.


This little bird's song makes the studio so cheerful and fun.


Tricycle tires were used to creating sliding art boards.






Artist and studio owner, Julie Berg in front of a recent painting.

27 comments:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not overly keen on abstract art but some are quite thought-provoking. Have a nice day!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her art studio looks so amazing!

    Just to let you know i'm hosting a giveaway, hope you enter: http://trishiekoh.blogspot.com/2010/07/norfolk-knitted-bow-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely STUNNING. What a gorgeous space; it's so inspiring.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is too cool that you are going to get a custom painting!! i can't wait to see it. i've totally been thinking about trying my hand at some kind of abstract painting...we'll see :)
    and you should totally visit switzerland!!! that would be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great that you will get your own costom make painting...Well done,sweetie:)

    I love colours too and the whole studio looks so frendly and relaxing:)

    You are such a lucky girl:) Wish you a sunny and lovely morning...sweetie:)

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a neat idea, the tricycle tires, very creative! I love the feeling of the art house. very 'inviting'. and that little yellow canary how delightful to hear him sing.

    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually really like her work. We need to find a bright and big piece of art to place on our mantle. I might have to check this out.
    Thanks,
    Naina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats funny b/c when I first looked these pics they reminded me of a tiny gallery I visited in Maui!
    The pieces here look beautiful.


    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super, super cool. She must have a charmed life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! Lovely photos, her studio looks great!

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This art house is amazing! I love all the vibrant colors of her pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love abstracts too. The art house looks amazing and that last painting is incredible. I'd love to have that in my bedroom and replace the old Kandisky print I've had since college! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw, no...that's not where I live - it looks like it's maybe out west in america somewhere? i don't know! I wish I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome art studio! She's got to LOVE her job. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, she's so talented! I love the last piece. And everything about that gallery is so unique and creative. Yes, show us the painting when it's done! That's so exciting!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this. Everything looks so warm and at peace. Perfect art studio. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm also an abstract art lover! I wish i couuld find a studio like that in my area!
    thanks for sharing!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an incredibly gorgeous studio. WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love her space - so airy and inviting - and the little bird in the cage is just darling!! Would love to see your painting upon completion!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  21. love it! :)
    thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!
    xx. c

    sweetseas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty, I love the bird cage!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Her life looks amazing! I can only dream of something like this! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohh I love the look of this place! Very, very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great looking studio, colorful, modern and chic!
    You'll have to show us what she creates for you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. to Fashion, Art & other Fancies:
    check out a more realistic artist also featured in that gallery: Harwood O. Benton III at

    www.benton-studios.com

    ReplyDelete