Friday, May 21, 2010

Sweet Red Pepper String Beans




Fat Free Chopped bacon (okay, not really)


Saute onions and garlic


Add 1 cup of water and string beans, then simmer for 30 min.


Enjoy!

This is my husbands family recipe, so I can't take credit for it completely. I love this dish because it is simple, involves a green vegetable and is incredibly good. I am not someone who loves string beans, but this dish is absolutely amazing. The tricky part is getting the red power you see in the first picture. It is dried sweet red peppers. My mother -in-law dries her sweet peppers in a dehydrator then blends them into a powder. If this is to much work, you can saute peppers with the onions and get a similar effect.

2 comments:

  1. That is a keeper for sure..Looks yum:)
    Kisses, I love those posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! That sounds delicious!! I love string beans and red peppers...so this is just the recipe for me! I think my husband would love it too! Thanks girl!! Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete