Monday, May 3, 2010

Favorite Things: Mother's Day Gifts



Mother's Day is around the corner, so it is time to start thinking of gifts. This day is always tricky for me because the mothers in my life are vastly different. They range from low to high maintenance and from sentimental to practical. After doing some research and talking with friends, I have complied a diverse and unique set of gift ideas.

The Girly Mother

Kai Body Lotion: $32
Botanicus Home Scents (Fig): $40
Cucina Hand Soap (Coriander and Olive Tree): $20

A feminine scent is important for girly mothers. These make great Mother's day gifts because they are unique and smell delicious. What I love most about these items is that they smell fresh and feminine but not overpowering, which is perfect because scent should always be subtle.

The Sentimental Mother

Willow Tree: $29
Accordion Locket: $60 -$180
Memory Books: (prices vary)


For the more sentimental moms, these are my personal favorites. The Willow Tree statute symbolizes the love between a mother and daughter. A locket is a timeless way to keep loved ones close to the heart, and memory books are personal and special. Memory books are very fun and surprisingly easy to make, even for the technologically challenged.

The Practical Mother



1. Lubriderm Lotion
2. Bert Bees Lip Balm
3. Purpose Face wash
4. St. Ives Apricot Scrub
5. Backwards in High Heels Book
6. Clarisonic Skin Care Brush
7. Mineral Make-Up
8. Essie Nail Polish in Mademoiselle
9. Bumble and Bumble Hair Products

For the practical mothers in my life, I like to give them a variety of small gifts they will use. I just went to the dermatologist, and she shared the products she uses. Most of these items are relatively inexpensive, so I like to purchase many and make a gift basket. Once all the items are arranged in the basket, I wrap it with cellophane and tie with a beautiful bow. Presentation is everything.

All Mothers




You can never go wrong with a beautiful bouquet of your mother's favorite fresh flowers and a loving note. Also, quality time together is a gift appreciated by all mothers.

7 comments:

  1. Great ideas, I haven't even thought about Mother's Day yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great finds! My mother's birthday is the following Wednesday, so I may get two of your suggestions. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great ideas!!!! I have already made my mother a gift but I haven't figured out what to get my mother in law yet! I love that locket and I think it will be the perfect gift for her!!!! Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcie, this is awesome! I always struggle with what to get my mom for mother's day. Thanks for all the ideas!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to be a practical mother one day...those gifts look like the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can never go wrong with flowers.

    hi marcie ^-^!

    thanks a billion for your sweet comment. i am now your newest follower and look forward to reading more and more of your lovely blog.

    hope you are having a FAB day.

    ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Mom is definitely a practical Mom. I have no idea what I'm going to get her! Thanks for the suggestions. :)

    www.chasingbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete