Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby Bird


"What you looking at? I know I'm cute."


"Just ate, now what Mom? I'm bored already."

I am amazed at how tiny babies are when they are born. It is hard to believe that we were all once that same size. My dad always used to say that newborns look like baby eagles, and I never really knew what he meant. I'd only been around babies after they were a few months old, never newborns. Enter my newest nephew Alex, or as I like to call him, my little baby bird. He looks just like a baby bird, and it is the coolest thing to watch him drink out of a tiny bottle.

On a side note, I think it is so funny to come up with dialogue for my baby bird. For example, when he makes a funny face, I will just improvise and speak for him (see my comments below the pictures above). I am pretty sure I am accurately conveying his feelings, don't you?

20 comments:

  1. He is a very sweet babe - in that second shot he looks milk drunk :-) LB x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh so adorable..What a beautiful baby:)
    You are such a lucky girl:)
    Have a wonderful weekend my Dear!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness!!!! He is soooo adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Mother's Day!! I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG he is soooo adorable! Thanks for sharing with us. Totally brought a smile to my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are totally channeling your baby bird. I love looking at newborns, but am always TERRIFIED when I hold them. So sweet and so FRAGILE

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! Thanks for stopping by x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, what a cutie pie. congratulations aunt marcie.

    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Babies are ridiculously tiny. I'm always afraid I will break them somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, babies are just miracles! Many years ago I used to do labor support just because of the incredible joy and love I could feel when a new baby was coming. I think you will enjoy the last post in my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I just want to eat him up! That is a funny saying huh? Well you get the point I do hope! I held my little brother when he was 8 minutes old.... babies are a little odd looking when they first come into the world. Still adorable though. p.s. tomorrow I am posting about the award you gave me! stay tuned! And thank you again.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh sweet! What a cute baby, bless!

    Your comments are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...he's adorable! Congrats on becoming an Auntie again! :)

    Chasing Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  13. baby birds and old men. that's how i see 'em. he's too cute! congrats to you and the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my god----so lovely, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marcie

    Thanks for stopping by my little blog.

    Your little baby bird is so sweet. Enjoy him as much as you can while he's tiny. I'm quickly discovering that they grow before your very eyes. It's only been 4 weeks and already my little madam seems to have doubled in size!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete