Thursday, October 28, 2010

Handbags with Heart


My cousin bought me the cutest handbag for hosting her baby shower. It is made by Mar Y Sol, a socially and environmentally responsible company that offers handmade handbags from Kenya and Madagascar. The sale of these handbags helps families gain economic independence and generates community funding. I love my bag's texture, color, and the fact that it is made by the talents of local artists out of renewable materials. Even beyond the aesthetic appeal, carrying a piece of fashion with meaning feels great. Does your handbag have heart?


7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are superb. I love when a bag or item of clothing (or whatever) gives back and helps people outside the realm of traditional retail. Yay!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! THey are so pretty and great cause!


    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cause and the handbags are so pretty! Sadly, my handbag doesn't have any heart (that I know of). But I have scarves with heart that were made by women in Africa! So I've got that going for me. ;)

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! What a wonderful idea for all of the upcoming holidays!
    love this and thanks for sharing darling!
    xox tash

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love companies that do things for a cause. makes such sense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty. And for a cause! I'd definitely buy and support them!

    ReplyDelete