Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Night Dine-In: Pizza and Wine

Top three reasons to cook at home tonight:
#1 You save money.
#2 You can use the freshest ingredients, keeping your waistline in check.
#3 If you have too many cocktails, the bedroom is only a few steps away (or a bit more if you don't live in an apartment).

Cooking on Friday night is a nice way to end a busy week, and you can take your time and enjoy the process. My husband and I have really tried to make this a fun event by cooking together and trying new (easy and quick) recipes. Last weekend we had another couple over for dinner, and my husband made a delicious Trader Joe's pepperoni and squash pizza. What I love about Trader Joe's are the great prices and the unique groceries. Everything is a "Trader Joe's" brand so I really feel like I am buying one of a kind items. (I am in denial that they probably are just generic items with a Trader Joe's label slapped on them to create this very illusion, and well, it's working.) Cooking at home has turned out to be a very fun and inexpensive way to spend a Friday night.

Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough: $1.29
Fresh Pizza Sauce: $2.29
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese: $3.49
Sliced Pepperoni: $2.79
Chariot Gypsy 2008 Wine: $10.00
Prep Time: 30 min (the dough must sit for 20 min); Cook Time: 20 min


7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being my 50th follower!!!! You made me really happy! :D
    XXX

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love staying in on Friday nights, cooking and having some wine. I'm usually too tired to go out and it's a great way to end the week. Trader Joe's is the best and their pizza dough is awesome. We use it all the time. Your dinner sounds delicious! Have a great weekend.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the TJ pizza dough! Such a sense of accomplishment to make your own pizza. :)

    Wanderlusting Fool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    Just came across your blog and really enjoyed it!

    Please have a look at mine too.

    Hope to see you soon.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog Marcie!! TJ homemade pizza is a staple in our household :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um just had homemade pizza a la Trader Joes dough Friday. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I looove that Trader Joe's pizza dough. Doesn't it make the best pizza?! Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! And thank you also so I could discover your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete