Friday, April 30, 2010

Food Friday: Warm Spinach Salad





I have an abundance of spinach in my refrigerator from all the smoothies I’ve been making, so I made a warm spinach salad for dinner this week. For me, a warm salad feels more like a full dinner, and it is simple and fast to make. There are many variations on this salad, but here is the way it’s done in my house.

The trick is to warm the salad dressing before mixing it into the salad. I like onions on my salad, so once they are sautéed, I mix in vinaigrette dressing (a simple olive oil and balsamic mix) and let it simmer. When the steak is cooked, I toss everything into the salad, mix, add feta cheese and enjoy!




"When it comes to your eyes, Popeye trumps Bugs Bunny. While carrots are good for your eyes, they aren't as powerful as spinach. Research shows that your eyes enjoy more protective benefits from the lutein found in spinach than the beta-carotene found in carrots. That's what's up, doc." Dr. Mehmet Oz

13 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I read the title and I thought it would be gross. You must be a kitchen witch to make magic like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh that looks heavenly!!!! I love me a steak salad. It's also really good with bleu cheese crumbles!! Thanks for the tip on the dressing!! I'll have to try that! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! Have you heard too, that if you mix spinach in your smoothie with your normal fruit, you can't even taste it? Even if it's 2-3 handfuls of it. So interesting. I haven't tried it yet, but I want to soon.

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love feta and onions in my salads too! This looks really good and simple.

    xx
    Nikki
    http://styleandcharm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip on warming the salad dressing, will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steak salads are my favorite! I just had one this week too. But great tip about warming the dressing. I'm going to try that next time.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, this looks delicious! I love salads with chicken and can't wait to try this one with steak.
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is one of my favorite salads every!!! Feta is my favorite cheese EVER!!

    Happy Friday! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Sounds delish! I loooove spinach & feta. I'm gonna try it this weekend :)

    Hope you have a great one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks wonderful! I have been doing better lately on my eating healither goal, and this looks like it would fit right into my diet well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh, yummy! now THAT is my kind of dinner! thanks for finding me and leading me to your fab blog! off to go read more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum!! I love steak salads too! ou always post such amazing looking dishes!!

    ReplyDelete