Monday, April 19, 2010

Emily Giffin





Emily Giffin is a former attorney turned New York Times bestselling author and my all time favorite. I was introduced to her books a few years back at my friend Julia's birthday party. As soon as she opened Love the One You're With, I was immediately captivated by the beautiful book cover and just had to see what was inside. I finished that book in 2 days, and I am confident you will find yourself staying up late to finish her books too.

Emily is a brilliant writer. Her plots are well developed, and the characters are dynamic and multifaceted. I suggest reading her books in the above order because the characters reappear in later stories. Get started soon because Something Borrowed is going to film, and the cast is rumored to include Colin Farrell, Kate Hudson, John Krasinski, Ginnifer Goodwin and Colin Egglesfield. Colin Egglesfield, by the way, was just written out of the new Melrose Place series so this is a huge role for him. My friend from Red Vines for Breakfast recently ran into him in Los Angeles and posted a photo. Maybe she can share her thoughts on how he is in real life.






Emily's fifth book Heart of the Matter hits stores on May 11th. I am counting down the days!

Who is your favorite author?

11 comments:

  1. One of my favorite authors! Can't wait for her new book and the movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. think i have heard of her before..gd post:) i love love reading but i dont realyy have a specific fabourite author
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore ben elton!
    Also, thank you very much for your lovely birthday wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definately have to read some of her books.. I heard of "Love the one you're with" and I think I'll give it a try. Normally I don't read more than one book from the same author, exception being Paolo Coelho. His books are beautiful, capturing and truly literature masterpieces! (most of them anyways :)
    Great post!
    Thanks for visiting!
    XXX

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all four of these books and cannot wait to read her new one! I also can't wait for the movie. Thanks for including me in your post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE these books too!! They are so much fun to read!! I am definitely excited for the fifth book to come. Yay!! Thanks for the sweet comment!! Love your blog! I am your newest follower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for a good read. these sound like something I would be interested in. I must write this down! Thanks for the share my dear.

    Rachael

    p.s. I wanted to let you know I am doing an argentine Alpargata (tom's) giveaway on my blog. Hop on over when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of Emily and her books but haven't read one yet. But I love book recommendations so I've added them to my summer reading list :-)

    Oh, and I have a giveaway going on right now. Would love to have you enter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg!! I have heard so many awesome things of her books!!! FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've read something borrowed and something blue! love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I an a new Emily Griffin convert! Read "Something Borrowed" on my road trip from San Fran back to Oregon. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete