Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chilewich: Where Functionality Meets Art







I am in love with Chilewich home products. I have the woven tabletop mats in seaglass, and they offer a great combination of functionality and beauty. Their functionality is ideal because the tabletop mats are washable and protect my table from hot surfaces. The textures and colors are beautiful and perfectly enhance my dining room decor. I think creator Sandy Chilewich sums her product up best by stating that "[t]he durability of this extruded yarn, the intrinsic sheen of the material, its tremendous design versatility, and the fact that it is washable inspired me then and continues to inspire me today."

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree; the sheer beauty of these items brings home decor to an entirely new level!
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment -- yours is positively lovely, and I can't wait for more!
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. These pieces are quite versatile and functional like you said. It's good to hear from someone who actually owns a piece of the decor to get real feedback. Thanks! And thanks for checking out my blog too!

    Rachael

    p.s. I wanted to tell you about my giveaway for argentine shoes. Be sure to enter when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete