Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Can't Live Without

I am starting a new job in May, and let's just say, I took a huge pay cut. By way of background, I voluntarily left my job as a lawyer (yes, crazy in this economy)to take a position doing something that truly inspires me. But along with that inspiring job comes a huge pay cut, so this year I am really cutting back and am on the lookout for bargains. That said, there are still a few things I refuse to give up (but still look for on sale). Here are two.

(1) A Good Pair of Shoes. Those cheap shoes may look cute, and for $20 who can resist, right? WRONG- Don't do it. Blisters the next day are evidence enough that cheap shoes are not worth it. Saving a few bucks isn't worth the pain your poor feet will feel for weeks. Rather, save up and buy that classic pair that you can keep forever (with the occasional resoling of course).

Stuart Weitzman- $105

(2) Great Fitting Jeans. Nothing can make you feel better than a great pair of jeans. The perfect pair of jeans dresses up all your bargain buys on top without compromising your style. Two of my favorites are Brown Label and Hudson.

Hudson Jeans- $180

1 comment:

  1. I agreed on both!
    Good for you for being inspired.
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete